
This may be 2 parts or just really long. I've missed a whole week of this, so i gotta hit you hard with a dodge ball of activity.
I put this picture b/c I just figured out how to do pictures. Also, I'm talking about my weekend and who is the common denominator in all the events? Me. Rightfully so, I put a pic of the common denominator b/c this picture makes me laugh. I was actually falling on Robin who was taking it. Robin and C-Mac I believe.
OK, so Friday night, I had a much needed date with myself. We didn't really do anything too fun like I'd planned out. I'd told myself we'd stay up all night talking, but it didn't really happen. I got home with Eatzi's in tow. I had spicy salmon croquettes, spicy black beans and a spicy pasta with shrimp in it. My mouth was on fi-ya and I was happy. I heart spicy foods. If salsa doesn't make my nose run, it's sissy salsa in my opinion. Can anyone feel me on that one? Anyways, so I brought dinner home, I worked out, came home and ate it, then went to bed! I talked to my roomies for a little bit, but that's about it! I knew about the happenin cookie party, and i really wanted to go, but man, I craved time to myself badly! I almost wrote baldly. If i were bald, I'd be so proud of my bald head. I'd keep it so polished that if anyone needed a mirror, maybe they could catch a good enough reflection in my head to suffice for the moment.
Saturday I did soup kitchen with Brian Blank, Jonathan Rawlston, and John with reddish brown hair. I was in charge of 5 teenage girls. Our job was to separate bowls, put cups, spoons, and napkins inside, then stack hundreds of them in a neatly organized tower on a table by the door. Yes, they fell plenty of times. My favorite was when one girl knocked over a couple and the avalanche of bowls was about to start tumbling and she just clapped her hands to her cheeks, stared and screamed. I'm like DO SOMETHING! Don't just stand there! STOP THE BOWLS!!! Kids...
It's a catholic event, held at a catholic church downtown, so I got to know alot about catholicism. Fascinating religion! I even got to go to my first mass! We set up for 2 hours, then there's mass, then we serve lunch for 2 hours. We got to meet some really cool people and it always feels great to give back. We've been so immensely blessed. That's one thing I really learned in South Africa is that we live like royalty here. We have everything we could ever need and so much more. I encourage you all to sacrifice a morning every now and then and do this. You will be humbled to know the amount of homeless people that live very close to us.
Then after that, I got to go to the CNN building for lunch and get my own mini tour! Thanks Blank! FYI, the dark tiles in the floor of the CNN food court are in the shape of the continents. It's a pic of the world! There are gold circles to show where CNN has bureaus. Cool stuff!
I came home to nap. I love naps. I love my bed. It loves me.
My sweet friend and teacher, Sarah Ott had me over for a holiday open house later that evening. They had an array of delightful treats like mint brownies, homemade spinach and artichoke dip, bbq, salad, etc. I got to see her and Aimee Maner for a while, which was very refreshing.
THEN! I got to go to the Tabernacle to see Ray LaMontagne play! Thanks to my sweet friend Allen for calling me a few hours before with the extra ticket! I'd wanted to go, but it was sold out and underground tix were too pricey.
Wow guys. If you don't know him, check him OUT! http://www.raylamontagne.com/. The guy has got SOUL! He's so passionate, which I love. People who are passionate about anything really - I love that. I love finding out what ignites people. Ray seems to be fueled by love and loving. All or most of his songs are about this. Read and savor the following:
"When you kissed my lips with my mouth so full of questions
It's my worried mind that you quiet
Place your hands on my face
Close my eyes and say
Love is a poor man's food
Don't prophesize
I could hold you in my arms
I could hold you forever
And I could hold you in my arms
I could hold you forever"
Yeah I know! End part one.
No comments:
Post a Comment