Dec 4, 2005

Found 'em!

Yeah, I'd thrown them away in the trash. They were hidden under magazines and junk. I could have sworn I walked out with them under my arm that morning! I even called the starbucks that I went to first and had them look for it just in case I unconciously took them inside. There was no reason to walk out with them and there was no reason to stash them in the trash can with other worthless articles destined for the compactor.

SIDE NOTE - If articles of trash had souls, I wonder what they'd say before they entered the compactor. Would they voice regrets on how they got there? Hey, there's a spiritual comparison here! Trash is destined for destruction - for the compactor where they're crushed into mites of nothing - never to flourish in the abundance of trash land again! If they knew they were destined for destruction - would they live their trash lives differently? :) Maybe position themselves out of harms way, which would be out of the way of my human hands that would toss them into the doomed can of other trash? If I knew there was a right place to be or a right way to live to avoid that path, I'd do everything in my power to stay on the safe side. And what if that safe side was SOOO much better not just knowing you're protected from destruction (the compactor), but your quality of life was more satisfying too? Christ died so we may live and have life abundant! How are you living to avoid paths of destruction? What choices could you make differently to avoid being tangled in unnecessary webs in the future? You always have a choice. "God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." (I Corinthians 10:13) In light of your past experiences and your future hopes and dreams - what is the wise choice in your current situation or circumstances? Which choice leads you closer to the cross and which one leads you more indulged in yourself and your flesh? The latter will lead you to destruction. Don't allow yourself and your weaknesses take over what Christ died to retrieve. Your heart of course! (Sigh, that felt good. I get sick of talking about surfacey things all the time. Yes, I know I just made a spiritual comparison of trash and human choices related to the cross and destruction, but hey - it came to me and I just type it out! :) "A day in the life of a piece of trash... How Peter Paperwad broke the mold and escaped the compactor; instead forever flourishing in the corner of cobwebs, gum and pimpled high schooler spit")

So, thank you Jesus for directing my makeup to me within 10 minutes of praying last night! That always works guys! Everytime I lose my keys, I just say a prayer and relax b/c I know he'll redirect my steps in my mind and reveal them to me! Works like a charm!

2 comments:

Holly said...

You need to update your blog. I'm anxiously waiting for the one we talked about!

Bagwell's said...

I wish you would come back to the blogging world.