I have had the BEST day! Listen, as a Christian, you are targeted to have your zeal zapped. If you're a joyful person, WATCH OUT b/c the enemy has super sharp arrows to bow at your heart and steal your joy. Stay in the Word and in the company of uplifting friends. Also, take heart in the little things that make you laugh to yourself! After church today, I changed to comfy clothes, put on some socks and got a running start so I could slide super far on my tile kitchen floor. It's not really a huge kitchen, but the 2 second effect was exhilarating! I laughed out loud and did it again many times. I spinned around too! I felt like I should have on a sun dress, be 2 feet shorter and have ice cream all over my face. Who says you're supposed to act a certain age? Your boss? Yes, he/she is right in work circumstances, but outside of work - LIVE IT UP! You only live once. Now go put on some socks and find a slick floor! Remember to take joy in the little things! ;)
I went to the GA aquarium today with Aaron, Andy from Pensacola, and Jenni. We had so much fun marveling at the creativity of our God in these beautiful creatures! So many different types of fish! I saw this one sea dragon that resembled a sea horse, but looked more like sea weed b/c that was it's God given camo!
There was this one fish that could change genders too! Talk about gender role confusion. If the male dies in the school, a female just becomes a male so that the colony has a male leader I guess. She becomes a SHIM! Jenni and I were wondering how they pick who got to switch roles for the time being. And really - HOW DOES THAT WORK EXACTLY? I know I'd be the first girly fish to raise my fin to say "NOT IT!" You know I adore you men, but yall are too complex! (here we go w/ the comments...)
There were see through fish, flourescent blue fish, whale sharks, hammer head sharks, sword fish, cutie whales that loved life and smiled at us all. I wanted to wrap my arms around them and roll around the water with them! You could tell they were friendly buddies. They not only smiled with their mouths, but with their eyes. Have you ever met anyone that smiled with their eyes? I know a few.
There are 9 types of hammer head sharks! The Japenese spider crab can grow to be the size of a car and live 100 years! A type of jelly fish has no eyes, brains, or heart, but does have a primitive digestive system. Some type of fish that I forgot eats monkeys too! Minnows dull your tastebuds? I'm not making that up.
We saw sea otters and seals too! The seals liked each other - you could tell. They were so obviously flirting. I felt like I was intruding on their moment, yet it was like a reality show! I was sucked in and wanted to know what happened next with them!
It was peaceful being with the fishies b/c you gotta wonder if they think - what do they think about? Now I know they don't have logical brains like ours, but I'm imaginative ok, so I wonder all these things. You could tell the personalities of some fish b/c some scurry about rather hurredly, while others seem to forget they have fins to move about and they just inactively float in the water. They seemed like the passive aggressive type that never stands up for anything. The speedy fish seemed more confident and fun.
There were beautiful fish, but also some not so pretty fish. They all seemed to appreciate themselves and each other for the purpose that they served in their world. A fish's life is so simple! They swim, eat, and play. They are who they are and they do what they were meant to. In doing so, I'm sure they don't compare themselves with colors and fins, etc. They were made the way they were made and they seem to live their lives to the best that they know how! We can learn from their simplicity, I think. Be who you were made to be - with confidence, and make the most of what you were given - without comparing yourself to others. If I could be any of them, I'd be the happy whales I told you about. They laughed and rolled around and smiled. They wanted to be our friend!
Now, about that title... Remember when you were little and you were tickled how funny that was? You couldn't control your laughter! (until you coughed up blood) It was a happy time. Happy go tickle. I've had a great day, preceded by a great weekend. It all makes me smile - my weekend and tickles. I'm sadly too old for my parents to tickle me. That would be a little weird, but I get the same high from tickling others. Mainly children at Publix. You should come grocery shopping with me some time! hahahahahah! I'm literally crying I'm laughing so hard picturing for one - my parents tickling me, which isn't really funny, but more disturbing and two - picturing myself at Publix tickling random children. Just so you know, I'm making all of this up. I'm just entertaining myself at this point. It's 1 a.m. Remember, I'm an only child. Give me some time to think and I'll entertain myself. Yes, I know where back space is, but I'm inviting you to my circus hour. Come laugh with me!
No comments:
Post a Comment