Apr 26, 2006

Sandy


OH SANDY!!!

Well you came and you gave without taking
but I sent you away, oh Sandy
well you kissed me and stopped me from shaking
I need you today, oh Sandy

Sandy is the name of this doggie friend I met from Durban yesterday. Sandy is also the name of my deceased puppy I grew up with who gave me Brownie, who later gave me Tikey. Sandy was a mutt who later got the mange, but I still loved her. Anyways, I was running down the boardwalk yesterday and ran into this lab named Sandy. She’s the first golden lab I’ve seen in Africa! The dogs I’m surrounded with in Swaziland are skinny little short-haired rib dogs, or killer mammoth Doberman guard dogs. I never see cute dogs that I can play with like there are in America, until Sandy. Oh, she brightened my whole day!

Like I said, I was running along the boardwalk and she ran up to me out of no where. For real, I don’t know where she came from, but she ran straight at me. I was so happy! I pet her and we talked for a little while by the beach, then when I tried to leave, she started to run with me! She ran all the way home with me, then waited outside my gate for me for nearly an hour while I showered and got ready for dinner! Dogs. They’re so loyal. I can’t wait to have one. So, when I saw she was still there, I was overjoyed to see she'd waited for me! I thought, man, that dog enjoyed my company as much as I enjoyed hers. I think we have something special. I ran down and played with her through the gate. Becca had the gate key, so we played through steel bars, but none the less, we still had a good time.

When I ran up to get my camera to record the memory of my new loyal doggie friend, wouldn’tcha know a good looking Great Dane walked by and stole the attention of my new dog. Quickly, she forgot about me, and traveled with the Dane down the hill, just as she'd traveled up with me, only an hour ago. How quickly she came and went from me! Maybe if I were black and white with pink eyes and a long waggy tail she'd have hung around longer. Who knows. But I got to play with a REAL DOG and it made my day. :)

No comments: