(October 2009)
U will redeem this. U will restore.
U’ll heal my heart so it bleeds no more.
U’ve written it well. You have a plan.
U say I can trust your Faithful Hands.
U hear my cries and u know my pain.
U say none of these tears will be sown in vain.
U are my refuge, my shield and my hope.
Reach down from on high; let your hand be my rope
For I am sinking low in this pit of doubt
I need someone stronger to lift me out.
Someone who can carry this burdensome weight
Someone who is tender. Someone who relates
For I am overwhelmed and I don’t know what to do
My heart lies prostrate. My eyes are on You
For You are the only capable One
To heal and repair as I’ve come undone
You are the One who works it all out for good.
You’re my defender when I feel misunderstood.
I can trust You to turn these sobs into dance
I can trust You to pursue me with extravagant romance.
I can trust You with all that still seems so knotted
B/c of the plan, long ago, for me you plotted.
See it all fits into your story for me
Your story with twists and divine mystery
Your brilliance in authoring such joy from despair
The point of it all: our sweet love affair
That I would have never savored had I not been cut back
Pruned from my dreams; my heart sick side track
Where the world seemed to pause and it was just me and you
There you told me my worth and my priceless value
How you ransomed me from my prison of deceit
Told me the truth of how my desires, only You could meet
All I’d gone after my whole life for gain
Was a chasing after the wind: a desperate striving in vain.
You’d sought me all along, but I wouldn’t look your way
So you disciplined me through trial, so I’d never again stray
Now my allegiance is to You, my all sufficient One.
You’ve done a healing work in my heart that I could’ve never done.
Your grace is now my strength. Your Love has made me whole
You’ve given me back double what others from me had stole
Now I’m thankful for my breaking and for what’s hurt so terribly
For my death has borne new life through Christ and its He that lives through me
I am free.
No comments:
Post a Comment