Mar 19, 2011

Consuming Fire

(December 2010)

How long will I grieve? This ache is still there.
Remove this thorn Lord. I don’t want to care.
I don’t want to hurt. I don’t want to feel.
Take it away soon. This pain is too real.
It’s so real in the depths. Its so deep in my heart.
My desires and reality seem worlds far apart.
When will it be my turn? When can I dance?
When will my heart meet sincere romance?
When will I be chosen? When will it be me?
When will my dreams be something I see?
When will I meet him? When will I love?
Help me to wait on your timing and keep looking above.
Above to the Eternal. Away from earthly woes.
Above where Your grace is sufficient and Your Living Water flows.
Above where my answer is “Yes” and followed by “Amen.”
Above to the Great Comforter, who will calm my heart again.
You never tire of my cries. You’re always eager to talk.
Your right hand upholds me when I’m too weak to walk.
You guide me in your Truth. You say it’ll be ok.
The purpose will be made known when we’re united on that Day.
When my faith will be made sight and my love will be poured out,
At the feet of the Worthy One who never left me without;
Without a Word to sustain me. Without a hand to guide me on.
Without the courage to persevere and Your joy to be my song.
My heart will be filled with pleasure when you’re betrothed to me in sight.
When you give me my new name and all darkness turns to light.
When your Glory becomes our sun and all sorrow and sadness cease
When we dance and feast with you in our eternal rest and peace.
Captivate me until that Day. You’re everything my heart desires.
The all surpassing fullness. Jesus Christ, my consuming Fire.

No comments: