(Fall 2010)
Lord, the enemy’s grip is so tight!
He will not let me go.
I’m exhausted from this fight
And these crippling blows.
Lord, I know you fight for me
And that this battle’s already won.
But Lord, LISTEN to my pleas!
I’m about to come undone.
He took me captive again this week
I was a prisoner of his toxic lies.
“I’m too much. Not enough. Not unique.”
This masterpiece, I began to despise.
I’m so bruised from his assault.
Your Treasure’s been violated and torn.
But Your Name I will EXALT!
Because through this mess, a conqueror’s been born.
See I’d never know your power
Unless I’d tasted death and defeat.
And now the demons shudder and cower,
Because I’ve found the weapon that beats.
Your Living Word is my conquering sword.
By one breath, your opposers flee.
I’m empowered by my Three Stranded Cord
Shame no longer has mastery over me.
So enemy, go on accuse me and taunt.
I am new. Free from you. Safe in Him.
My righteousness in Christ I will flaunt.
Until you flee and all is calm again.
No comments:
Post a Comment