Sep 4, 2008

My Only Gain

I am like grass; like a flower of the field.
You see me as something and count me as your own.
You call me your daughter. To your Spirit, I will yield.
Laying down my idols for the Glory you have shown.

Lord you know my inmost being, my thoughts and my desires.
You know how wrought with flesh I am and how sin rules in me.
Yet by your Grace, you chasten me and throw me in the fire.
So that I’ll be cleansed and purified, becoming more like Thee.

Who am I to represent you with my weaknesses and my past?
God why are you so gracious showering me with royal favor?
May I never get over you, until my breath becomes my last.
Even then, I will enter the bliss of You to forever love and savor.

Jesus, wash me and cleanse me. Flood me with all that you are.
I surrender to you my life. Let me not live in vain.
Lord, surround me with your Presence. Holy Spirit, be not far.
Empty handed, I bow down, seeking You, my only gain.

2 comments:

AKO.SI.RETZ said...

hi...jzt dropping by ^^
btw, nice poems =)
do visit my blog too...

Anonymous said...

I love this prayer! Thank you so much for sharing! I sure love you and your heart.