Sep 4, 2008

My Love

When I wake each day, may I wake with a smile,
for You, my Lord have given me a new song. Let us sing.
May my life be a fragrant melody; pleasing to your ears.
Let me be the aroma of Christ to those who have not yet
tasted the irresistible love and joy of You. You are my song.
My reason for breath and life. The author of my smile.
Your brilliance entrances me. I am captivated. I bow my heart.
I bow my plans. I bow this life in willful submission to You.
Sweep me away my Lord, my Love. Cover me with your royal touch.
Your healing touch.
Cause darkness to flee so Light can abound in me.
Envelope this heart and seal it with your kisses.
You are my Beloved. There is none other, my Lord, my Love.
May my life cause others to join this glorious chorus of salvation.
Salvation from death. From myself. From my ignorance.
I am blind. Blind to the mysterious treasure You are.
Unveil Yourself so I may see your rich splendor. Be near.
Hold my hand and I will follow.
Lead me. I trust You, my Lord, my Love. Be near.

1 comment:

Deitra Shoemaker said...

Beth, this is beautiful!!! I am touched deeply by your love relationship with the Lord. Why are you not posting more often???? Do not stop, you are reaching and impacting others.